Vision, Mission & Objectives
Acharya Narendra Dev College has the vision of creating an education and
research-oriented hub of eminence in India with international standards. We
envisage proffering quality education to our students while emboldening
them with diverse exposure and hands-on research experience. We adhere to
the ideology of ‘Preparing for the future’ by exploring and innovating
‘Beyond the classroom’. The college believes in a culture of interactive
teaching-learning and in the creation of spaces affecting the undergraduate
life of the students. This approach envisions the gestation of many new
activities besides creating an ‘open’ space in the college for students to
pursue activities as per their choice and inclination. As a firm believer
in the all round development of young learners, ANDC has always espoused
the need to expose students to activities other than pure academics and has
the vision of opening several new vistas in the future. The college
envisages to identify with the initiative to provide a platform where
scientists from across the world can collaborate and collectively endeavour
to address the major issues plaguing the world. The college has a strong
belief that education is a form of wholesome learning that cannot be
confined within the four walls of a classroom. Therefore, it is imperative
to provide an enabling environment for the all-round development of its
students. To identify and promote students’ non-scholastic skills, they are
encouraged to participate in various co-curricular and extra-curricular
activities. ANDC believes in ensuring equality and equal opportunity for
the differently-abled and deprived sections in the college. This entails
the effective implementation of policies and programmes for the
marginalized sections and ensures sensitization amongst all stakeholders in
the college. The college feels proud in having made a positive contribution
towards helping them grow as responsible citizens.
- To empower students by giving them exposure to cutting-edge areas of education and research by promoting interdisciplinary studies beyond regular textbook learning.
- To impart functional knowledge which not only motivates students towards academic excellence but also prepares them for giving back to society in economic, social, cultural and intellectual dimensions.
- To generate ideas that will benefit society, and to educate and train people to work in fields where they will be valued both for their ability to work in collaborative spaces using their specialized knowledge, and for their ability to pursue research, communicate and solve real-life problems.
- To remain competitive and relevant in an international sense by offering high quality academic programmes and research activities focusing on niche areas.
- To encourage skilled manpower training by producing more high-quality researchers, entrepreneurs and graduates to ensure that the country reaps the returns from its investments in higher education and in turn help in the economic growth of the country.
- To promote self-employment and develop high quality entrepreneurship skills.
- To promote the culture of hands-on training and acquisition of skill-sets amongst undergraduate students.
- To provide inclusive education to empower the students.
- To broaden the academic base for the understanding of contemporary issues of real life by developing analytical skills.
- To achieve an enhanced sense of social and personal responsibility.
- To develop the ability to work in a diverse group and help students to acquire time management skills.
- To equip students with various digital /technical tools for information searching.
- To foster leadership qualities and turning students into auto-learners.
- Quality Education: Providing high-quality education and academic programs that are rigorous, up-to-date, and relevant to the needs of students and the job market.
- Continuous Improvement: Engaging in ongoing assessment and improvement of programs and services to meet changing educational needs and best practices.
- Student Success: Ensuring the success and holistic development of students by fostering critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and personal growth.
- Research and Scholarship: Encouraging and supporting faculty and student research and scholarship to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in various fields.
- Experiential Learning: Offering opportunities for hands-on learning, internships, and co-curricular activities that complement classroom education.
- Career Preparation: Equipping students with the necessary knowledge, skills, and experiences to succeed in their chosen careers or further studies.
- Ethical and Responsible Citizenship: Instilling ethical values and a sense of social responsibility, encouraging students to become active and engaged citizens in their communities.
- Support Services: Providing comprehensive support services such as academic advising, counselling, and career services to help students succeed academically and personally.