MoU between Acharya Narendra Dev College and PhiXgen Pvt. Ltd.
PhiXGen is committed to delivering quality services with unmatched quality. It was established on January 30, 2018. The major focus of the firm is to work towards innovation, development, deployment, and commercialization of products and services. The work mandate includes providing technical services to beginners who are facing difficulties in their projects. This primarily includes support for Next Generation Sequencing projects for Genomics, Transcriptomics and Proteomics studies. They serve various national and international government and private sector agencies like industries/universities/colleges/autonomous body/Department etc. The wide scope of the firm also includes the onsite/offsite/online training courses for graduates/post-graduates and corporates professionals.
The Aim of this MoU was to:
- Empower students by giving them exposure to cutting-edge areas of education and research by promoting inter-disciplinary studies and learning beyond the shackles of textbook knowledge.
- To impart functional knowledge which not only motivates students towards academic excellence but also preparing them for giving back to society in economic, social, cultural and intellectual dimensions.
- To generate ideas that will benefit society, and to educate and train people to work in fields where they will be valued both for their ability to work in collaborative spaces using their specialized knowledge, and for their ability to pursue research, communicate and solve real-life problems.
- To remain competitive and relevant in international sense by offering high quality academic programmes and research activities focusing on niche areas.
- Encourage skilled manpower training by producing more high quality researchers, entrepreneurs and graduates to ensure that country reaps the returns from its investments in higher education and in turn help economic growth of the country.
PhiXgene organized following activities for the college students this year:
- Organized two outreach programs (BASIC IV & BIOSCOPE I) at two rural schools (Government Senior Secondary School, Bani and Government Senior Secondary School, Biar) in Hamirpur district of Himachal Pradesh.
- Hands on Workshop on ‘Metagenomics’ was organized for College students.