A number of workshops/seminars are conducted throughout the year which keep the students well updated with the current advancements in the field of Electronics. Some of the recently organized workshops/visits are:
- Wonders of Optics 2019 - A hands-on workshop on ‘Paradigm Shift in Physics Education through hands-on techniques in OPTICS’ was organized on January 24, 2019. The workshop was conducted in collaboration with ‘Joy of Learning Foundation’, Delhi and was attended by 50 participants.
- Workshop on PYTHON was organized for the students of Electronics in association with industry Partner Coding Blocks at Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi on April 3, 2019.
- The students of B.Sc. (H) Electronics III year visited the nanotechnology and device fabrication research facility under Prof. Vinay Gupta, Department of Physics and Astrophysics, Delhi University, North Campus on October 3, 2019.
- Around 80 students of SPIE student chapter went on an excursion to the Nehru Planetarium.
- 100 students attended a hands-on workshop on Arduino organized by SPIE in association with Elecbits.
- DST (Department of Science & Technology, Government of India) sponsored fourth lecture workshop on transdisciplinary areas of research and teaching was held on September 27 & 28, 2019 at Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, University of Delhi.
- A lab visit was organized to National Physical Laboratory (NPL) and Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB) under CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research). Students were divided on the basis of their interests and sent to the respective labs for practical exposure on September 26, 2019 to IGIB and September 30, 2019 to NPL.
- SPIE Chapter organized a talk by Professor Marija Strojnik, Astrophysicist and Distinguished Professor at Optical Research Center, Mexico on October 15, 2019 at Acharya Narendra Dev College.
- Two students, Mr Devesh Yadav and Mr Avinash Kumar Lal were sent to attend Maker Faire Hyderabad event held from November 10-12, 2019 at Hyderabad.
- Department of Electronics & Physics of Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women, University of Delhi organized a national seminar on Laser Dynamics and Fiber Optics (NSLDFO’ 20) on January 7, 2020. Two student members, Mr. Abhishek Khanna and Mr. Abhey Sharma attended the seminar from Acharya Narendra Dev College.
- SPIE Student Chapter ANDC in collaboration with ANDC InStart Foundation and STEAMEDU organized workshop ‘Pyrobot (Code in Python to program EV3 robots)’ at ANDC on February 11, 2020.
- The Department of Electronics in collaboration with SPIE Student Chapter ANDC and under the aegis of DBT STAR College Scheme organised a one-day educational trip on February 22, 2020 to National Science Centre, Pragati Maidan, on the occasion of ‘Vigyan Samagam’, India’s first-ever, global Mega-Science Exhibition.
- The Department of Electronics in collaboration with the SPIE Student Chapter ANDC and DBT STAR College Scheme organised the annual departmental fest Electroblitzz on March 3-4, 2020. Mr Devender Dhawan, the founder of ‘TouchTECHNO’ and an alumnus, graced the occasion and delivered the inaugural lecture on ‘IOT and Connectivity Solution’ on March 3, 2020.
- Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), School of Computer Science, IIT Delhi, April 10, 2017
- Science Pedagogy: Laboratory learning to Classroom Teaching in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, School Teachers (PGT) Workshop, 18 Schools, January 20-21, 2016
- National Anveshika Experimental Skill Test (NAEST), BVN-IAPT Anveshika, DU Colleges in 2015 and 2014
- Optics Outreach program, SPIE, USA, 22 Schools participated, Oct-Jan 2015
Student Driven Workshops
In an innovative practice adopted by the departments, many of the workshops are conducted by the students. They carry the responsibility of being the resource persons for the workshops. For some of the workshops, students are trained in the respective areas in Train the Trainer mode and they go on to conduct workshops for their peers. In some others, students have earned expertise in a self-learning mode and after mentoring, they conduct the workshops. Some of the recently conducted workshops are:
- The Electronika society of the Department organised two workshops, Raspberry Pi workshop for college students and Robo Race (Robotics workshop) for students from the various colleges of the University of Delhi in its annual departmental fest Electroblitzz on March 3, 2020.
- A two-day Orientation Programme from July 22 & 23, 2019 was organized in four sessions each day for the newly admitted students of the college to learn about the activities of the SPIE Society by Prince Sharma, Chapter President (2019-20) and Avinash Kumar Lal, Chapter Secretary (2019-20).
- Optical colour mixing workshop cum introductory session with freshers was attended by 110 students.
- Arduino Programming, INNOV8, Robotics Society of the Department, September 27, 2017